- 4-5 chicken thighs
- 1 large onion , sliced
- mushrooms , sliced
- 1 1/4 cup sweet marsala wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- parmesan , grated
- 1/2 Tbsp salt , to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch , to thicken
- 1/2 box rigatoni pasta
- Caramelize the onions by sauteing in medium heat in butter. When they begin to reduce and turn transparent, reduce to medium-low heat and add a tablespoon of brown sugar, salt, and pepper and let it continue to caramelize on medium-low heat. (I would do this in a separate pan so I can continue with the rest of the dish)
- Cook rigatoni pasta el dante (you want them to be firm because you will cook them again in the sauce)
- Brown the chicken thigh pieces, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to the pan, cover and cook until tender, about 5-10 minutes. Add caramelized onions.
- Add Marsala wine and let it cook for a few minutes to help burn off some alcohol. Then add heavy cream. Season with salt. Let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Put chicken back in the pot and heat through. Then add pasta and grated parmesan into the sauce. Let the pasta cook in the sauce for about 5-10min so it soaks up all the goodness!